Smeal added five new members to its Accounting External Advisory Board late last year:
- Mike Denove ‘02 Acctg, assurance partner, EY
- Chad Gazzillo ‘99 Acctg, audit partner, KPMG
- Betsy Johnson ‘91 Acctg, assurance partner, PwC
- Chad Levant ‘95 Fin, managing director, Goldman Sachs
- Jon Raphael ‘93 Acctg, national managing partner, Deloitte
The Accounting External Advisory Board advises and otherwise works with the department in a number of different ways. The board is made up of accounting, business, government, and education professionals who have an interest in promoting accounting education at Penn State.
The board meets twice a year with the department chair, accounting faculty, and other Smeal professionals. In addition to these meetings, the board also supports the department’s strategic priorities throughout the year through committee assignments, course curriculum and classroom engagement, and student mentoring activities.